18 February 2010

Oepidus Rex and Myself

Guess who just bought theatre tickets for Rei Épido (Oepidus Rex) which premiered today and is already almost completely sold out by a mere 7,5€??

ME!

The play runs from today, February 18th through March 28th. Like most plays in Lisbon, it starts extremely late during the weekdays (9.30 p.m.) and I have a life, so I can’t go at that hour. Instead I have to attend the matinee on Sunday at 4 p.m..

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining! No one is forcing me to do to the theatre (on the contrary I ADORE the stage) and I love to sit next to all those old ladies with nice perfumes and furs (they make me feel so young...!) and 30-something couples who also have a life and, therefore, cannot attend the theatre during weekdays.

This theatre, like many others in Lisbon, have a lower price for students or people under the age of 30. In S. Luiz Theatre, I pay 5 € per play and I get to sit on the second stall (I don’t know if this is the correct word. I am talking about the seats in front of the stage, the good ones)! Anther theatre I also like has 30-40% off on ticket prices for students and people under 30.
Ifyou're in Lisbon, I recommend this play. Reviews here, here and here. They are all in Portuguese, sorry.

Can’t wait for the 7th March – the first date with 7,5€ tickets available.

2 comments:

Carolina said...

E não me convidaste porquê? Estou cheia de vontade de ver essa peça... Vê lá se me arranjas um bilhete.

Sara said...

Queres vir? Vou amanhã buscar bilhete. D. Maria II, 7 de Março. Tens é de comprar bilhete, como eu!